Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tasting - Villa Pozzi Nero D'Avola


The Vintage Cellar, 2/21/13

Name:  Villa Pozzi Nero D'Avola 
Variety:  100% Nero D'Avola 
Region:  Sicily
Country:  Italy
Year:  2010
Price:  $8.95
Public Review:  "Very dark purple, with a reddish-violet edge, typical of this grape.  Black plums, a hint of licorice and subtle spice, not overly complex but appealing.  A big mouth full of juicy black fruit is well structured by tart acidity and soft but distinct tannins."       
My Review:  WOW.  I love this one!!  Very fruity nose, with cherry/raspberry hints.  Fantastic balance; very fruity, but not sweet.  
With food?:  No 
Did buy?:  No, but only because I had forgotten my wallet -- I will definitely be going back for this one!

Update 2/28/13:  went back & bought it!

No comments:

Post a Comment