Sunday, February 3, 2013

Tasting - Opera Prima Sweet Red

The Vintage Cellar, 1/24/13

Name:  Opera Prima Sweet Red
Variety:  50% Cabernet, 50% Tempranillo
Region:  La Mancha
Country:  Spain
Year:  2010
Price:  $4.95
Public review:  "Doesn't try to hide its warm-climate terroir, with a soft texture framing jammy-sweet black raspberry, cherry, red currant, root beer and sweet tea.  Drink now."    
My review:  WOW.  Perfect for someone who likes sweet wines (like me!)  It was fantastic alone, and even better with chocolate.  I could see myself easily downing a bottle of this throughout an evening.
With food?:  The Vintage Cellar provided a piece of chocolate, which paired perfectly with this wine.
Did buy?:  Abso-freaking-lutely, and I'll probably buy it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment