Sunday, February 3, 2013

Tasting - Montes Alpha Syrah

The Vintage Cellar, 1/24/13

Name:  Montes Alpha Syrah
Variety:  90% Syrah, 7% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Viognier
Region:  Colchagua
Country:  Chile
Year:  2009
Price:  $7.95 (WAY on sale!  Was originally in the $30 range.)
Public review:  "Blackberry and cola aromas are cool and collected.  The palate has weight and texture to accompany berry, mint, herb and peppery flavors.  Turns more herbal and roasted as it unwinds.  Pepper and spice lead the finish."
My review:  A little sweeter than I expected.  A full-bodied red.
With food?:  I did not try this wine with food, though the Vintage Cellar provided turkey jerky bits with the tasting.  I preferred to sample the wine alone.
Did buy?:  No, but I was tempted simply because the price had dropped so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment